Friday 29 May 2009

The journey to find the perfect foundation




The journey to find the perfect foundation is like the journey to find your perfect relationship! Some people find their perfect match very easily, whilst others are not so lucky and even start to doubt that it really exists.

It can be quite emotional. There are ups and downs, there is the anticipation, the falling in love, the falling out of love, the tears of dissappointment and even the feeling of joy from a lucky escape!

Wearing the wrong foundation can effect your self confidence and can even make you look unhealthy. The secret to the perfect foundation - is wearing a foundation that no one notices! This search can be rather expensive.

It has taken me 10 years to find the perfect foundation. I am over the moon that I have finally found it! I previously used Chanel foundations because I loved their texture and their coverage - but I always looked as if I was wearing a lot of makeup. I really wanted people to comment on me, rather than my makeup!

My skin is very, very pale even the palest foundations looked slightly yellow/orange on me. I was embarrassed and was begining to think that my skintone was almost cursed. I visited the MAC counter, and even their lightest shades looked yellow on me. The coverage was excellent, but the overall look was yellow! The same with Benefit Cosmetics and even Bobbi Brown (all yellow based). Then I walked past the Prescriptives counter at my local shopping centre.

The Prescriptives lady explaned to me that she thought my undertones were blue/red, and she picked the colour that she thought would suit me, and she tested it along side another pale coloured foundation. The result was astounding! Finally a foundation that matched my skintone PERFECTLY. It also feels completely naked on my skin, as if I am wearing nothing.

I reccommend to visit the Prescriptives counter to get makeup matched to your colour. It is a little pricey, but it is worth every penny! Prescriptives are owned by Estee Lauder, which is the same company who make MAC - so you can be assured the quality is excellent.

If you have very light skin like mine, or not happy with the colour of your foundation - they will custom make the makeup for your individual colour! In my opinion this is the future of cosmetics, as each of us are individual and not a number. Prices start from £22.

Here in the UK you can buy online at House of Fraiser and QVC, check out http://www.prescriptives.co.uk and in the USA http://www.prescriptives.com






No comments:

Post a Comment