Saturday 30 May 2009

Benefit Brow Zings are amaze-ing!


Benefit Brow Zings are amaze-ing! If you are confused, what it is, is it's a little eyebrow makeover in a little compact! It contains two products, one a wax based pigment for shaping the brow, and the second a natural shaded powder to set the brow.

Firstly what I noticed about this product was how lovely it was packaged, as with every Benefit item, it is supercute! The little compact feels good in your hand, and looks even better in your handbag. It has a little mirror included which is essential, two eyebrow brushes - one slanted (for shaping) and one rounded (for 'filling in'). The set also includes a mini set of tweezers - which I feel are way to small and fiddly to use, and are a bit of a gimmick in my opinion.

The plus points of having a wax based pigment is that it is long lasting, unlike other eyebrow kits I have seen (NYX Cosmetics for example) which are just powder/shadow based and can rub and smudge far too easily! The wax based product gives you a little more confidence in the knowledge it will not let you down.

This product is good for filling in patchy brows, and also good for elongating the brow to make the face look slimmer. There is a little leaflet enclosed which gives you a little tutorial if you are unsure of how to do it. Great!

I wore this and it instantly made a big difference. I always have my eyebrows professionally waxed, but still I like the look of thicker brows - which this does. With age eyebrows thin, so, this handy little kit will keep you looking young (hopes!).

I wore this today, and even in the rain it lasted, which is the sign of a good quality product.

These sets come in three colours - light, medium and deep. I choose the medium colour as I have dark brown almost black hair, and it suits well. I guess the light shade is for blondes, and the deep colour for darker skin tones.

The downside is that there is not much product in these babies! I am guessing it will last three months tops. I have had mine approx. 1 month; and for around £22 is not really that good value.

As good as this product makes me look and feel I felt a little guilty about buying this as it was a bit of a luxury product.

Standard delivery from benefitcosmetics.co.uk is £4.50 and for a limited time only it's free delivery on orders over £50. Still I think this is a little bit pricey and probably it's preferable to pick up one in a store (if you are lucky enough to live near one!). Apparently their counter at Selfridges in London is the World's largest.

As this review is about Benefit Cosmetics, I would like to rant a little about their website. Their American website offers 2 free samples with every order, and also a free product. The UK website you get nothing, nadda, zilch. For the money you pay you expect at least a little freebie? I understand Benefit Cosmetics is an American brand (from San Francisco if you are interested!) but it would be nice to feel a little more of a valued customer.

To recap, I love this product, but it's a little expensive for how little product you get - I do love the results though.

No comments:

Post a Comment