Saturday 30 May 2009

Bright eyed and bushy tailed


I am a big Clinique fan, I think their products are top notch! I am not afraid to slate a product though if I feel it is not upto standard, but I am yet to find a product of theirs that I dislike.

Clinique's all about eye rich is a fantastic product. I had a tester of both the 'all about eyes' cream and the 'all about eyes rich' cream. All about eyes is a very lightweight cream for under the eye, it was a nice product but I did not feel the need to purchase it (in my honest opinion I thought the cream was a little too thin and watery) I then tried all about eyes rich, and I absolutely fell in love with it!

This cream is far richer and thicker than it's predecessor. The second you apply it to the eye area you feel the moisture drink into the skin. I have been using this for two weeks and I can see and feel a difference. I do not have dark circles or many lines under my eyes as I look younger than my age (I am 26 but I still can't get served in a pub!), but I am a graphic designer and I am up for many nights of the week working hard, I feel that it leaves my eyes looking less than their best!

I place a layer of the rich cream under my eye in the delicate area. I have noticed that I was getting very small lines, but now I am using the cream I can't really see them anymore. I had a small discolouration under my eyes (beginning of dark circles I think) and they have reduced. I feel that to get benefit from this product you have to use it in the morning and at night, and continue to use it.

I will use this product for many years to come. I feel more confident that I am giving my skin a helping hand as I am getting older and heading rapidly towards the big 30! My mum has been nagging me for years to start a proper skincare routine "because I will thank her later"! I feel normal moisturisers don't hit the mark for the eye area, and often it is quite dangerous for the eye as it's so sensitive. Always use a specific eye cream that is dermatologically tested for that area.

The skin around our eyes is actually TEN TIMES thinner than the rest of our faces. Therefore I feel it's necessary to have something to help us!

What they say about their product "Moisture-rich formula diminishes the look of undereye circles, shadows, puffs and fine lines--immediately and over time. Helps boost natural collagen production. De-puffs with calming botanicals. Even strengthens skin's moisture barrier against common irritants".

I agree with their statement. If I see results this quickly I can only hope for as good a result in the future.

£ 19.57 for 15ml, available at http://www.boots.com or http://www.clinique.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. This is my fave eye cream. I've finished a pot of the original and am buying the rich version next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't regret it! The smell is just...mmmm so Clinique-y! I love it!

    ReplyDelete