Sunday 31 May 2009

I'm sorry mac, I just don't get your shadesticks!


Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a BIG fan of MAC products. I love them. I have once bought a shadestick in sharkskin and also beige-in.

I found the application of the shadesticks quite difficult because they felt very hard and aggressive on my eyelids. I also found them to cake a little and crease.

I was a little upset because this was my first flaw I have ever incountered with MAC. The shade-stick is apparently versitile because it can be used as a base, or as a simple eye-shadow. For me they just don't feel..... right. I far prefer Urban Decay's Primer Potion for a base as it feels far lighter and less sticky. I have heard that to make the shade-stick more useable you have to heat it up by rolling it between your hands. I tried this, and it didn't make too much of a difference. It is far preferable to buy a MAC paintpot!!! I think that we expect the highest standard from MAC, and really, this doesn't quite reach it girls!!

What do you think? Am I right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for your comment and I'm so pleased you decided to start blogging too! Be warned though, It's as addictive as makeup lol! I agree with you about the shadesticks too - which is why I only have one, they are so hard to work with. Cream shadows and primers are much easier! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe thanks for the warning! I think I have already been bitten by the bug already! lol! :D Are you enjoying the sunshine? It's gorgeous here!

    Yes, shadesticks are meant for the bin! lol x

    ReplyDelete