Saturday 30 May 2009

Illamasqua- get ready to meet your alter ego



Illamasqua is the new most talked about cosmetic brand right now!

Who are Illamasqua? I would like to start off by saying they are a British company! During this financial crisis I feel it is a really good thing to support our own. They say they are inspired by the "illicit 1920s club scene" and "make-up for film and theatre" they also take inspiration from people who indulge in "self-expression".

Their mantra is "make up for your alter ego".

I love the theatrical aspects of their cosmetics, the many different and bright colours; for example they even have a green lip gloss! I am sure I would not wear this everyday, but if I wanted a unique look, I would definitely turn to illamasqua.

In my opinion make up is a celebration of one's alter ego, it is about experimenting and having fun with the way we look and they way we present ourselves to the outside world. Thank gosh there is a cosmetic company to endulge in looks so exotic the ladies at the Boots counter would pass out with pure envy!

Their Lipglosses are £12.50 for 7ml. Check out their colour range at: http://www.illamasqua.com/store/category/lips/inte nse_lipgloss/

My favourite lipgloss is a dark pinky coral called "Indulge". The great thing about these lipglosses is that they feel like lipstick not a gloss. I reccommend to wear these along with a complimenting lipstick for a pure knock 'em dead pout!

They say "Come out of the shadows with high-shine, colour-rich Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in a wide range of bold colours. Create lips that look full and glossy, without feeling sticky. Draw attention to your lips, and to you". I agree with their statement fully! I have never come across a lipgloss that is this pigmented before.

What I don't like about the products are the actual tubes the lipgloss comes in. I feel that they are quite hard to squeeze as the plastic is so thick. Application with the tube also is not very good because it has a solid plastic applicator, and not a soft one as in MAC's lip glass! Application must be done with a brush (in my honest opinion!). They smell like candy, which is very nice!

The feeling is very smooth but not sticky. This is a real plus!

If you order from their website it only costs £2.50 recorded delivery!

Have a try and let me know what you think also! For my readers outside of the UK, they now ship internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment