Monday 21 June 2010

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation


Revlon PhotoReady Foundation is fantastic. I have never ever been excited by a chemist / drugstore foundation before - but here I am with a big smile on my face!

There are many good things I can say about the product:

Coverage: The coverage is not too heavy, and not too light. I would say this is medium coverage foundation. It feels good on the skin and does not feel cakey or dry. Blends like a dream.

Effects: Makes your skin appear more luminous due to the small shimmer particles contained in the foundation. This is a plus for me as it makes me look fresh and awake - but if you have oilly skin I would say posssibly you need to use a primer, and also set it with a translucent powder.

Price: The price is very reasonable, it varies from store to store - but what makes this product even more attractive is that Revlon often do buy one get one free, or buy two get one free offers. Also a little goes a long way.

Packaging: The bottle is substantial and feels ergonomically friendly. The pump is EXCELLENT, this may sound like a silly thing to say but this pump is like you would find on premium foundation bottles - you can control just how much product comes out of the bottle. I am very impressed.

Cons:

If you have dry or flaky skin you should avoid this product because it highlights dry areas.

Colour range: The colour range is also a negative because the range is not extensive enough - especially for women of colour. I am very fair and I use the lightest colour, I would like the shade to be a little lighter, but it does blend very well.

Must be applied using a sponge or a rounded foundation brush - if you apply with a normal foundation brush it can look a little streaky.

Overall a great foundation at a quarter of the price of a premium foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment