Monday 21 June 2010

Lush colour supplement - don't bother!


I had high hopes for this product. I have very fair skin and I have found pink or red based foundations (opposed to the popular yellow based ones) work wonders for me.

I received my order from their website and I was excited to try it, actually I was so excited I bought 2 pots! It states you can use this product three ways, straight application as a foundation, mix it with your moisturiser to make yourself your own custom tinted moisturiser and finally as a concealer.

I decided firstly to try it as a foundation. The colour is not light pink as stated, it is a more orangey pink (the same as MACs NW series). I managed to blend it quite well and the result was a dewy finish. It looked quite natural and pretty.

Day 1: I applied as a foundation and by lunchtime it was sliding around a bit. My skin is not overally oilly so if you have oilly skin do not buy this product - it will look like an oil slick on your face! Yuk!

Day 2: I tried a primer on my face before I applied the foundation. It lasted a little longer, but by the end of the day my face did look oilly and I felt pretty unattractive.

Day 3: I tried this by mixing with my moisturiser, this is a much better application. I could imagine this would be great for holidays and vacations.

Day 4: I tried this as a concealer. I personally think it is too dark/orange for a concealer and would make dark circles appear darker.

It comes in a neat little glass pot which can fit nicely in your handbag - that's a plus. Another plus is the price (Around £7). The negatives are that if you have slightly oilly or normal skin this product will not last - even with a primer. I would reccommend this for people with dry to very dry skin.

It is also good to note that this product contains parabens - which is very dissappointing coming from a natural company like Lush. Korres which is a Greek natural cosmetic company makes makeup without parabens - so why can't lush?

It only comes in four shades, which is not great for women of colour or very pale people.

I personally would not buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment