Monday 21 June 2010

Nars-a-no-no!




NARS Multiple sounds like a great product, but unfortunately it's not. The product states that it can be used on cheeks (as a blush), on the eyelids (as a shadow) and on the lips (as a lipstick).

I primarily bought this as a blush. Unfortunately after an hour the shimmer dissappears and the colour fades - so you need to keep the product with you in your handbag and apply more as needed. If you touch your face it comes straight off. I have used many cream blushes (for example M.A.C, Estee Lauder etc) and I have never experienced such a colour fade.

What I did do was to use this as a base for my blusher, and it worked quite well, but this is not what I really wanted the product for.

I have tried to wear this product on my lips and it is very drying, so you need a lipgloss on the top. The problem with wearing a lipgloss over the top is that the colour is so sheer, any gloss overpowers the colour of the multiple - making it a little pointless as a lipstick.

To wear this on the eyelids is possibly the worst reccommendation for this product. I alway use an eye-primer so that my shadows do not slip, even with a primer this colour does not stay still and is slides and collects in the creases of your eyelids and it looked disgusting! I was so embarrassed I swore never to use the 'multiple' again.

It is my opinion that for such an EXPENSIVE product it is a real let down, especially for £27.

I bought the multiple in the colour 'Orgasm' but it comes in 12 shades, ranging from dark bronzing colours to light pink.

I personally would not buy this again, and I would stick to buying their powder blushers which are excellent.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...It was just the stupid hype from america that persuaded everyone to buy it! agree..so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol It's true! I can't believe I stood in a queue in Selfridges for this - with my boyfriend complaining the whole time! lolol

    ReplyDelete